Rusty Furniture Flakes?? . . . Rust Stains on Pool Sun Deck

melsteph

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2013
East Texas
Hi Y'all!

Let me first say I DID NOT have patio furniture in the water or even too close.

Two things happened early spring: I noticed staining on my sun deck ledge but thought it might be from red dirt or possibly algae. I knew to slam the pool coming out of winter to do a good cleaning and rid any possible algae, so did that. Around the same week I started moving patio furniture out from under patio to the deck. Noticed we had a lot of rust damage underneath the wicker (or whatever material) and the rust was flaking off. I now think these flakes blew onto the sun ledge during winter storms and such and have now stained the gunite surface. I searched on the site but didn't find a definitive solution. Is there one? Can I remove the stains? AND ALSO - what furniture and umbrellas should I use with salt water?
Thanks as always,
Melissa

If it is rust, Vitamin C tablets will remove the rust marks in the pool. Steel furniture wll rust without the absence of salt. It probably is getting wet under the patio. Aluminum or plastic framed furniture will not rust.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.