Rust issue

Well I guess you have to give credit to social media....I Bashed Doughboy on their facebook page, and man they have been direct messaging me all day long. They even contacted the dealer I purchased the pool from, and wouldn't you know it, 30 minutes later I get a call from the DALLAS pool store..Lol….Well maybe ill get some kinda of warranty after all....I have been pricing inground pools, and man, that's a lot of money...And im just looking for a small inground....I can afford it, but I love my money too much...Will keep yall updated if Doughboy comes through..
Just curious, any news?

Update,
Doughboy and the dealer I bought the pool from has given me the discounted price for replacing parts. After what they offered, and the pool company to reinstall, im looking at around $3500 total...Im still not happy, for am I going to be replacing my pool every 4yrs???? at 3k everytime? Im having some pool companies coming to the house to give us some ideas of inground pool....Just want to cover all my options, and get a good return on my investment before making any decisons..

• Wow
Reactions: mariane
If you have the funds and get alot of use from the pool, an IG is the right investment. That being said, there are tons of people who happily replace their temporary pool every few years and use the savings elsewhere. Then there's also tons of middle of the road people with permanent Above grounds. They spend more and have it last longer than the temporary pool people. Get all your options and go from there. Best of luck however you decide.

Pay now or pay later. A pool costing around $1,000/year is a good deal for many folks.

When we replaced our Doughboy liner last summer, I was able to get a lot of "over the phone" and website links on replacing the liner. It was very helpful since have a deep end, requiring us to us an expandable liner. That makes it even trickier than a regular liner to install.
If you decide to do it yourself, Doughboy will answer your questions and give you phone support. I can send you some emails and links that I still have. :giggle:

Ive had several pool companies come out to the house so far, and of course the main concern is limited access to the backyard. It can be done, but with the mini excavator and bobcat, so of course that will shoot the cost up, so now waiting on actual cost to come in..Ive had some designs made, and they look great, but again, still waiting on pricing from the excavation cost. At least one of the pool companies thinks I should keep my original decking, then build steps down to the actual pool..Im liking their idea so far, for the others are saying you need to gut everything, but ive spent good money, and it would actually flow nicely with new IG pool..We should know what direction we will be taking in a week or two, so ill keep you guys posted...

It seems to make sense, keeping the deck if your home has a few steps down to ground level. It could look nice.
Do you have any pics. :D
:nopic: LOL

Just kidding. :wave: But pics are nice and highly anticipated. :cool:.

After going back in forth with inground installer, the excavation cost is going to be to high for my liking, so it looks like a new above ground pool is in the works. The cheapest was 9k for the dig, so total for pool was going to be $54000. Even with great credit, the lowest rate I could find was 5.9%, and I don't want a $400 monthly pool bill for 15 to 20yrs....Good lord they are expensive..lol

We bit the bullet and went with a $900ish payment for 7 years. My little one starting kindergarten took $1100 a month off of our expenses with no more daycare. Sad state of America that it’s cheaper to build a pool that to have one kid in daycare.

we would have had a lot more monthly money over the course of the loan by going to 15-20 years but I didn’t want it hanging over my head for that long. The months that were tight financially (Xmas for example) are outweighed by the fact that we are almost done with the loan.

Also, I have swam in many AG pools. Never once was it any less fun. Making wave pools or whirlpools with 10 people is it’s own kind of fun. It’s different, but certainly just as much fun.

Reactions: Pv2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We set out to get an AG oval. The deck and fence around it put us into medium kidney IG pool territory. We upgraded the pool a bunch cuz ‘nows the time’ and the patio around the IG cost a small fortune too. AND it still had to be fenced. So yeah. 10x our original $6k budget for just the oval pool. I won the battle and lost the war. But every penny was worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.