Runtimes for Pool/Spa combos?

Ankrumfishing

Apr 7, 2020
Hondo, TX
Hey all,
So I've recently installed a new pool/spa combo with a spillover feature as I mentioned in my introduction thread. My question is, what run times and modes are typical for keeping the spa turned over daily? During the warmer parts of the year, I just want to maintain the chemistry the same as the pool, so I've been running the spillway feature I set up in the ET.

Unfortunately, this doesn't draw from the bottom drain of the spa so it's impossible to keep the floor clean without doing that. As a result, I set up a 1 hour schedule each night prior to the pool schedule beginning in order to turn the spa over and clean it. I also canceled my scheduled spillover during the night as I feel it's increasing my pH through aeration. I will just have to test and monitor the spa separately from the pool unfortunately.

Anyways, I just wanted to see what everyone else out there was doing with a similar setup.

I run my spa spillover twice a day for 15 minutes - once at 9 AM and once at 1PM. That gets the FC level of the spa back up during the daytime.

Awesome, thank you! I guess I was on the right track with the spillover mode except need to adjust for daytime running, but what about keeping the steps and bottom of the spa clean?

I just let the spa floor and steps get cleaned when I use the spa.

Reactions: Ankrumfishing
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.