Running your pump/filter

Nanifen

Jun 10, 2020
Nova Scotia, Canada
So got our first power bill since putting in the pool. It was up almost $100 in a month. Yikes. My water has been perfect so thought running the pump 24/7 was helping. Anyway, I’m going to shut it off for 8-10 hrs a day. What is the best time to run the pump? During the day while we are using it and the sun is shining or at night? Thanks

You might want to take at the link below. Your biggest concerns for pump run time would be to mix chemicals and keep surface debris moving towards the skimmer. For such a high electric bill, is this is a single speed pump?

You might want to take at the link below. Your biggest concerns for pump run time would be to mix chemicals and keep surface debris moving towards the skimmer. For such a high electric bill, is this is a single speed pump?

Thank you. That article was very informative.

When is the best time to run it? Day or night?
Doesn't really matter, but some things you might consider are:
- Noise factor at night. Is the pump near a bedroom?
- Are your prevailing winds stronger in the day that at night (mine are).
- Are there any electrical company discounts in your area based on avoiding usage during peak periods?

Things like that.

Reactions: Nanifen
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.