Running Spa and Pool in late fall

Henry121083

Silver Supporter
Aug 10, 2018
Newtown
Hi All,

I have an inground 25K pool with raised/overflow spa.

Here in the northeast i'm experiencing MAJOR evaporation/water loos due to the fluctuating temperatures.

I'd like to be able to cover the pool to minimize water loss (and leaf accumulation) while keeping the spa uncovered in use.

my question is - to do this I'd be adjusting valves so that water just recirculates from the spa through the filter and back into the spa (basically keeping the water in the pool unfiltered and standing still) same as if i was heating the spa (just with the heater off)

Is this a common way people adjust their setups in this type of weather and season? Is it a good idea?

Thanks
Henry

It's a problem. It costs me water to heat my spa and pool this time of year. But we have had great weather for swimming so my pool is still at 86 degrees.

Keeping your pool in SPA mode and having no circulation int he pool will create an algae problem int he pool water fairly quickly.

Why can't you cover the pool and maintain normal POOL Mode circulation?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.