Running sand filter with no sand

I wanted to redo our concrete slab for my pool equipment. I'm hiring it out and they hit some unexpected delays and they cant for a while. Therefore, I cant run my pool like I used to. Meanwhile, I took this opportunity to replace my sand in my sand filter. I cleaned it all out and figured I'd put the new stuff in when the slab was done. My pool is green and very full of water. Is it possible for at least a few minutes to run water through the sand filter with no sand for the express purpose of backwashing? And if you suggest a secondary pump, that's a no go since there's no feasible way to put the water anywhere bu my lawn and if you suggest plumbing it without the sand filter, I'm no plumber but the connectors and adaptors I need they don't make

Sure, if all you want to do is remove some water and/or move it around for a while without filtration, you can backwash or sometimes recirculate if you wish. If you only have a plunger valve, then of course backwash is your only option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.