RUnning Raypak pool heater without aquastat

zpmccabe15

In The Industry
Nov 16, 2021
Illinois
I work at a fitness center and had some plumbing done for our lap pool and the aquastat broke during the process and the techs didn't have an extra on hand. I was wondering of there was a way to manually time the run cycles on a Raypak heater until we get a new aquastat

I work at a fitness center and had some plumbing done for our lap pool and the aquastat broke during the process and the techs didn't have an extra on hand. I was wondering of there was a way to manually time the run cycles on a Raypak heater until we get a new aquastat

I guess you can have someone sit by the lap pool and watch the temperature of the water and turn the heater on and off.

I don't know what your local health department would think about that and how it conforms to any regulations for your pool.

The liability you or your company would incur trying to do that is insane. If you were able to get that heater to light, and there are ways, there would be no safety system active in the heater. By the time someone "monitoring" the heat would notice a problem, it would be too late. You really don't want to see what damage a "runaway" heater can do. No responsible person on this forum would tell you how to make it work like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.