Run capacitor

aggie13

Nov 7, 2020
Sugar Land, TX
I had my AO Century B855 2.0 230v pump run capacitor replaced in April with a 30UF 440vac and it's already failing (clicking and pump doesn't come on). Is that normal to already be happening? We do have power blips so maybe they just don't last as long. Pump was replaced June 2020 and hadn't had an issue until now.

That is a short life for a capacitor but sometimes components have infant mortality.

Have you examined the capacitor to see if it has any bulging or leaking?

Let us know if replacing the capacitor fixes the problem.

I had my AO Century B855 2.0 230v pump run capacitor replaced in April with a 30UF 440vac and it's already failing (clicking and pump doesn't come on). Is that normal to already be happening? We do have power blips so maybe they just don't last as long. Pump was replaced June 2020 and hadn't had an issue until now.
While he is talking about A/C work, pool pump run capacitors, as yours, are the same. Good explanation of why they fail.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.