Rope lights around an above ground pool

Hank2000

Bronze Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
Louisville ms
I want to put some kind of water proof lights around the lip of our above ground pool so we can use it a night Can anyone tell me what kind is the best or safest and how to tell how many I would need or how long the strand needs to be. I have someone who can install them just need to know what I need

Hank,
Sorry I cant help you out with which lights to use. But as for how long the strand needs to be , that's simple. The lengh of the strand needs to be the circumference of the pool.

Multiplying the diameter of your pool (33) by pi (3.14) will give you the circumference.

The actual length of lit tube needs to be 104' long. What you actually need are low voltage lights with a remote transformer. The transformer needs to be as far away from the pool as you can reasonably get it, but at least 10'. It also needs to be on a gfci circuit. I would also recommend a pool rated transformer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.