Rocks under liner

Hayseed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Keyser, WV
Three to four pieces of gravel have worked their way, to the underside of my liner. They seem to be in a straight line and extend three to four inches long. There are three or four high points on these few gravel pieces, that are seemingly getting ready to perforate the liner. I ordered a matching piece of liner and some hh66 glue.

My question is this. Should I place patch over this problem, or slit liner and remove gravel pieces first then patch. I ask mainly because taking a razor to a liner scares me unless you guys say this would be best. I am hoping that someone here may have had this or similar experience, and can contribute before I do anything. As always thanks, for any and all help.

I have 1 pebble I found protruding up in the liner, but it's in the deep end.

If I were in your situation, I would get the patch and the glue, but not do anything
about it unless it becomes a problem. Cutting and patching when it isn't leaking
seems like a bad idea imo.

I just thought i could try to get ahead of the problem, instead of going into panic mode when it rips open. Checked the area again and the area is not flat. I have put down insulation board and this material seems to be up and down smoothly, but this area is in the seem of two sheets, and I am thinking of after creating, a slice I could wiggle a piece of thin but sturdy plastic under the patch area to give a nice surface to apply patch. But I do not know if it would be possible to do this, because of the waters downward pressure. That's why I am hoping to find someone who has had something similar I could learn from. if I had an under water camera I could take a picture, not that I would not be able to post it. I know as much about pools as I do computers

It would be highly unlikely to burst through like that. You would have to agitate the heck out of it first.
I definitely understand this would be very annoying to walk on though. I know some people here
have patched there pool floors before, but none of them cut the liner that I'm aware of. Those
were mostly inground though I think.

Yours is a above ground then?

Yes above ground, not a problem for walking on. Such a little space. Problem is only that I know that it is going to develop holes. I could put a small patch over top of gravel just enough to cover it, then apply a bigger patch to seal. Maybe the extra layer would not allow gravels to protrude. I am in the dark and just need someone who has had similar dealings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.