Rockford, IL - Bought a new home with my first inground pool!

MistaNelsin

Jun 15, 2020
Rockford, IL
Hi everyone! So as the title says, I just purchased a home with a small inground pool. It's more of a wading pool at 10,000 gallons and a depth of 4-5 feet which works great because I have a young daughter. It has a new vinyl liner and uses a filter based system with a heater and chlorinator. The owner has also left me with a surplus of new chemicals. I move in next month and from there take ownership and responsibilities.

From browsing around I see that it's recommended to get a nice test kit, which I will do. The owner currently has the water looking fantastic, however she runs the pump 24/7 and that is something I want to avoid. From what I have read it looks like I should be able to get away with running it for 8 hours a day. I worry that such a dramatic shift in running the pump will greatly throw off the balances and be difficult for a newcomer to overcome. I plan on testing/adjusting, scrubbing the liner, and rinsing filters daily. Also, Vacuuming often. I don't have all the specs yet but will update those as I can. I have also downloaded the app to monitor my levels.

Thanks for being here to help newcomers such as myself and I look forward to learning with you all! Have a great day!

Attachments

• Le Puddle.jpg
    Le Puddle.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 9