Rock/Waterslide Feature Resurfacing

Plastic/resin slide? or a cement type coating? If it is a solid or one piece, and a root came up and cracked it, you may have to replace the section. Any thing you use to repair the crack will either still leave the uneven surface caused by the root protruding, or you may make it worse if you choose get behind it and reduce/ remove the root. And then the patch will be more apparent Thats if the only way to get at the root is from the top side. If it is a cement slide, you can probably get a mason to come in and demo a section and remove the root and make a patch. You will more than likely be advised to remove the plant/ tree that caused this. Otherwise you may not get a repair that has a warranty. A repair will not stop the growth from happening again, even if you remove a section of root

Note: If he is a good mason, he will tell you that any patch will more than likely not match the rest of the color of the slide. And will let you decide if you want a patch, or allow him to redcoat the entire slide to give one continuous or uniform color throughout.

Given where you are, you will probably have some really good resources locally.

Pics of the situation would help our understanding.

I have a concrete surface rock slide as well. Mine has been resurfaced twice by the sub that did the work for the pool builder. Luckily, the pool builder took care of it both times. On mine, cracks develop on the chute and calcium pushes through the surface. The work involves grinding and sanding the surface to remove the old coating, and reapplying new stuff. I'm not sure what they coat the surface with. It's a full day job. The sub that came out explained that the cracking is caused by moisture in the concrete and the cracking would subside with time. Side note, no more concrete chutes for me.

Last edited:
I am getting ready to re-surface my slide. I am going to sand down the old surface and fill the small cracks. I have found two products to use, I have not decided which one I'm using

IMG_0533.jpeg

I am getting ready to re-surface my slide. I am going to sand down the old surface and fill the small cracks. I have found two products to use, I have not decided which one I'm using

View attachment 96740

The Sherwin-Williams product says it is ADA compliant for slip resistance and is for indoor use only. So that probably isn't going to work.

Not sure if either will hold up to our intense sun and summer heat. Let us know what you finally decide to use and how it holds up. I'm sure many here will benefit from knowing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.