Rock dropped into a pipe hole in skimmer

Jade1287

Jun 5, 2020
Roseville, Ca
We used rock to our skimmer basket to weight in the bottom. Suddenly the basket got flipped upside down and the rock fell off the pipe. My husband almost got the rock out, but then interfered him try to help him. Now the rock fell all the way to the pipe and can't see it anymore. What should I do.

Welcome to TFP.

You either have to try to suck it out or blow it out. How you do it depends on how your skimmer is plumbed and what valves you have that give you access to that line. A high powered blower like a Cyclone used in pool closings may blow it out.

If you have a boroscope inspection camera it may let you see where the rock is and how best to get it out.

Try connecting a shop vac to a garden hose. Your going to have to probe the pipe with the garden hose first to see if you "feel" the rock and minimize the amount of water that gets sucked into the vac.
I used to do the same thing but I made sure my rock was bigger than the hole. Now my weight is zip tied to the basket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.