Robots look awesome.. but really needed?

Well my one worry happened on the first go-round. Cord is going to wrap around the table. I’m going to have to find a way to block it
I wonder if you could make a big hoop out of large PEX or something like that to keep it out of there. Maybe a few of them stacked. Thinking something that would be easy to setup and remove and also not damage anything

Maybe find a cheap plastic baby gate and submerge it … it’ll probably back away if it can’t climb it.

Thanks for the ideas! Out of 3 test runs, it only wrapped it once (when I purposely started it close by the table). Will keep an eye on it. But man oh man, this thing picks up dirt I didn't even know was in the pool! I am digging it so far. The Baby Gate is a great idea... we have some of those lying around. But this thing CLIMBS! It even climbs that PVC pipe that holds up the table. Wild

Thanks for the ideas! Out of 3 test runs, it only wrapped it once (when I purposely started it close by the table). Will keep an eye on it. But man oh man, this thing picks up dirt I didn't even know was in the pool! I am digging it so far. The Baby Gate is a great idea... we have some of those lying around. But this thing CLIMBS! It even climbs that PVC pipe that holds up the table. Wild
My Dolphin has an option to do a "quick clean" which only hits the floor. Might be a good option for you if you're not home to ensure it's not "goat roping" around the table.

I was thinking that but be careful, a lot of them have metal hardware and/or springs inside... rusty in water no bueno!

Maybe a frame made of pvc pipe and some plastic snow fencing. Maybe that springs to mind because I have both of those things laying around here, so I could probably make something up in 20 minutes for free using that method.

My Dolphin has an option to do a "quick clean" which only hits the floor. Might be a good option for you if you're not home to ensure it's not "goat roping" around the table.
Hmm.. excellent idea. This paired with a barrier of sorts may be the answer for when I am away. I did not know the quick clean only did floors.

I guess the better question is, what happens to the robot when the cord gets taught? Does it just pop wheelies and not clean? Or do we think it is inducing negative stress on the bot?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe a frame made of pvc pipe and some plastic snow fencing. Maybe that springs to mind because I have both of those things laying around here, so I could probably make something up in 20 minutes for free using that method.
Good ideas! I like the idea of making a gate out of PVC pipe... cheap, easy, light, and strong

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.