kaguirre579

Aug 1, 2021
Murrieta, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone! My name is Kevin, I'm new to the pool scene. I bought a house in Murrieta, CA 2 months ago with a pool. I currently have a pool guy but I'm looking to take over at the end of the month. I got a taylor 2006 test kit and learning how to use that. I was looking into vacuum options as I don't currently have one and sounds like that's important. I see a lot of members like the robotic pool vacuums. I like the idea of having a robotic pool vacuum as well so I don't have to put extra work to the pump / filter. Also i get a lot of leave and debris from the flower bed and palm trees above my pool. Please give me some recommendations. I'm open to battery operated options as well. Here's a picture of my pool as well so you can see the step setup if that plays a role in which vacuum to choose. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendations so far, I forgot to add I have a lot of leaves and plant debris from my flower beds and palm trees above the pool
I live in Atlanta and get a lot of hardwood tree leafs and pine needles. The s200 does a great job for me. You can use a smart plug and set it to run in automation mode and come on and off when needed if you want. For me my dog thinks it’s an space invader and goes nuts when it cleans the tile line so I have mine set to run at 4 am when he is sleeping :)

After 10 years of manually vacuuming and using a Polaris pressure side cleaner, I finally went with a robot. Why did I wait? I was constantly tweaking and replacing parts on the Polaris including going through 2 booster pumps. I've had the Maytronics Dolphin E30 now for about 6 weeks now and I can't believe I waited this long. We have a lot of trees around our pool and get tons of leaves, needles and flowers. Heavy rain occasionally washes mulch into the pool. The E30 has been great. I set mine to clean every day (it has 3 settings - daily, every other day and I don't know the 3rd. You can also just manually run it. My only complaint is that the program doesn't persist, it just runs for 1 week. So every week I have to remember to reset it. Otherwise I'm very happy.

Reactions: CaptainCannonball
Before you buy might look at
They have sold to a lot of use here and can usually save you a few hundred bucks. And they are a authorized resellers so offer great service

Before you buy might look at
They have sold to a lot of use here and can usually save you a few hundred bucks. And they are a authorized resellers so offer great service
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately they were sold out of the robot i was interested in. I ended up picking up an S200. Tossed it in the pool for a run and I'm amazed! Did a great job! I'm very happy!

Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately they were sold out of the robot i was interested in. I ended up picking up an S200. Tossed it in the pool for a run and I'm amazed! Did a great job! I'm very happy!
If you like stuff like this you can use a smart plug and put it in automation mode. Basically the smart plug controls when it turns on and off.
if interested I can find the thread

edit will post for others. The trick is I had to unplug mine off and on twice before it would work.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaguirre579
If you like stuff like this you can use a smart plug and put it in automation mode. Basically the smart plug controls when it turns on and off.
if interested I can find the thread

edit will post for others. The trick is I had to unplug mine off and on twice before it would work.

Thats a great idea! I do have some smart plugs laying around the house!

Thats a great idea! I do have some smart plugs laying around the house!
It take a few times to get it to work and I even emailed pentagram ( they sell my SE which is a s200 ) and they had no idea what I was talking about :)
Test it but unplugging and plugging back in and when it’s working it will start. I had to do that cycle twice, maybe like a reboot the first time.
But I have mine set to run from 5 to 7am every morning mainly because my small dog thinks it’s a space invader and tries to kill it if I run it during the day🐶

Reactions: kaguirre579
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.