Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,
I have a 20k SWG pool dimensions are 37ft by 18ft with a 9.5 ft deep end bowl. We’re having difficulty finding a good cleaning robot that will not just hang out in the bowl all day, do the tile line consistently, not get stuck on our main drain (it’s off when cleaning but current robot’s belly gets stuck) and will do the entire pool. My local store wants to sell me a Maytronics Active 20 and online I’m finding the best reviews on Dolphin Premier. The local store only offers 2 yr warranty vs the 3 yr warranty on the Premier. The latter is only purchased online and the local folks are saying that if there is an issue with store bought, we have 2 years that we just bring in and they “deal with Maytronics” vs online bought I deal with Maytronics. Lastly, my budget is $1300. My questions: 1) Any feedback on these models? 2) is it difficult to “deal with Maytronics” or is this just a sales tactic? 3) Other models/brands I should consider?

Yabby,

I had the Premier and it worked fine but I would never spend $1,300 dollars on it.. It is a very old design and has tiny filters.

When it died I got the Dolphin S200 and it is hands down a better robot in my opinion.. But this newer style Dolphin has only been lasting 3 to 5 years.

I have a new EVO robot that I believe is much better, at least for me.. Here is a review.. It is in the $800 o $900 range from Marina Pool and Spa.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yabby,

I had the Premier and it worked fine but I would never spend $1,300 dollars on it.. It is a very old design and has tiny filters.

When it died I got the Dolphin S200 and it is hands down a better robot in my opinion.. But this newer style Dolphin has only been lasting 3 to 5 years.

I have a new EVO robot that I believe is much better, at least for me.. Here is a review.. It is in the $800 o $900 range from Marina Pool and Spa.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks that’s super helpful! Any updates after using the EVO for the past year? I think you only had it for a month at the time the review was written.

Uabby,

At this point, I love it.. When my current Dolphin robots at my rent houses fail, I'll be replacing them with the EVO..

The down side to any robot is that you have to buy one to try one.. So, you spend $$$$ and if it does not do what you want, in your pool, you are kind of stuck with it.. :(

I have been using robots for many years and I have a pretty good idea how they work, but often, new comers read the marketing and think it is all true. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.