Robotic cleaners

I have the Dolphin Triton PS. I think it's great if you can afford it, kinda pricey. It' s worth it mainly 'cause it climbs the walls ad scrubs them. My only recommendation (which I didn't do and learned my lesson). is to get the version that has a swivel on the cable. I didn't get it and its a PAIN in the butt. after 1 or 2 times cleaning the cable attached to the robot gets all wound up and it doesn't go far until you take it out and unwind it. which is a pain.

Used my Dolphin 400 today for the first time and it did a very good job. As a new owner of a pool, it was cool to watch it do its thing. I told my wife it climbs walls, she thought I was kidding her and she was stunned when it climbed the wall. Pretty cool tech era we live in!

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig,

I started with a suction cleaner that did "OK" but not great. So after years of threads and watching most of our experts switch I took the plunge. I went with the Pentair Warrior SE but would have gone with any of the similar brands if there was a better deal at Marina Spa. I was amazed at how much better the robot was. The price is worth every penny in my opinion and 5-7 year life doesn't bother me either. Pool was always pristine even next day after yard crew or when I loaded a lot of sand in the pool after dive trips. Best way to clean dive gear is in the shallow end!

My next pool will start with salt and a robot! Make sure you get one with automation mode so you can power it with a smart plug.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: Mdragger88
Craig,

I started with a suction cleaner that did "OK" but not great. So after years of threads and watching most of our experts switch I took the plunge. I went with the Pentair Warrior SE but would have gone with any of the similar brands if there was a better deal at Marina Spa. I was amazed at how much better the robot was. The price is worth every penny in my opinion and 5-7 year life doesn't bother me either. Pool was always pristine even next day after yard crew or when I loaded a lot of sand in the pool after dive trips. Best way to clean dive gear is in the shallow end!

My next pool will start with salt and a robot! Make sure you get one with automation mode so you can power it with a smart plug.

I hope this helps.

Chris
My first run with the Warrior SI was in my very clear TFP pool. I couldn’t believe the amount of sand and silt it pulled out in one run off the bottom of the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.