Robotic Cleaners

arbrey

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Aug 24, 2013
Chicopee, MA
Have a question regarding pool pattern memory. Is there any robotic cleaner out there that really remembers the cleaning pattern of your pool? I have a Dolphin S50 for my AGP, had for 3 seasons now and it seems that every time I put it in , it's a new adventure for it? It does clean the pool in the 2 hours of its program, but on some occasions , it will sit in the middle and go forward then backwards a few times then eventually head towards the far wall. It doesn't get everything , but after 27 years of vacuuming I think it's great. Just reflecting, getting ready to get rid of pool. Wife isn't feeling too good and she is the one who uses it the most.

Arbrey,

The robot does not have a memory that remembers what it did the last time it was run.. It only remember what it is doing as it is working...

It has no clue where it is in the actual world.

The operation you describe, is how they all work.. The key is does it clean your pool?

My old robot, and now my new S200, both never miss a spot. If I have one dime sized leaf in the bottom of my pool, and I throw the robot in the water and walk away, when it is done, the leaf will be gone..

Now, if I sit and watch it, waiting for it to pick up the leaf, it will just roam around and not go near the leaf, until I leave.. Apparently, it "knows" when I'm watching... :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Geebot,

What happens when you take it out and put it in another pool? Does it try to run home.. :)

To be fair, it might know where it is compared to where it has been, but I really doubt it would know if you threw it in on the opposite of the pool...

But, we will see...

Jim R.

Geebot,

What happens when you take it out and put it in another pool? Does it try to run home.. :)

To be fair, it might know where it is compared to where it has been, but I really doubt it would know if you threw it in on the opposite of the pool...

But, we will see...

Jim R.

It appears to make an initial map upon immersion in the pool, here's a video:

Reactions: Frank in FL
I learned a long time ago not to believe anything made by the Marketing department.. :mrgreen:

A good example is the current "Filter" dirty light.. Glad they did not use that when they were landing on the moon...

Jim R.

Reactions: Oly
Well, I'm certainly not going to be an early adopter and my current philosophy is "keep it simple." Maytronics should dump every model but the S200. One speed, one cycle. A machine with 10X the features or options will not clean any better.

From their point of view it will certainly cost a bunch more.. :)

I had two of their original Dolphin Diagnostic cleaners.. It had one switch, the on/off switch, and it worked great... Simple is almost always better.

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I still have a functioning Diagnostic in day-glo colors. The canvas bag was 17th Century technology and I was on my 3rd power supply (thanks, ebay). Simple, but imperfect. The new filter basket is like transitioning from a crank-start car t o an automatic starter.

I agree that the new ones are much better... I like the way they hug the wall without the floating handle, the top load and easy clean basket, the solid state switcher power supply is better but still not perfect either. My Diagnostics colors have not been "Day-Glo" for several years.. They look old, faded, and worn out... just like me.. :)

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.