Robotic cleaners unsafe during winter?

Jan 27, 2018
Mobile, Al
Hello All,
Do manufacturers recommend not using robotic cleaners during the winter months or according to pool temperature?

The reason I ask is because our robotic cleaner punched a hole in our 15yr old liner a few months ago. The liner had lost much of it's elasticity and when the water cooled off there was no elasticity at all; so it broke through the liner like breaking a potato chip.

We had a new liner installed last week but I'm hesitant to put it in the pool unless the sun is shining. Water temp is about 58 degree.

God Bless,
Ralph

Ralph, my understanding of it is that the robot's inner lubricants (whatever and wherever they may be?) will be less "lubricating" in the cold. I believe that could be harsh on the device. And in your case perhaps contributed to the tear.

That said...I believe you got good time out of that liner, and the cold water and device didn't help nurse it along.... c'est la vie .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.