Robotic cleaners for my pool that doesn't get a lot of big debris (~20,000 gallon)

sambot

Jun 1, 2018
WV
Hi everyone! I've had a pool for a few years now and recently got a fancy new job and a bump in pay... so you know what that means: I gotta buy more fancy pool stuff.
Also I JUST learned that robotic cleaners have their own built-in filter system - I thought you still had to do the whole fill-the-hose-up and connect it thing.

I have done some basic research and this is what I'd like from a robot:
- cleans the bottoms and the sides (seems like most of them do that)
- will be reliable and good for several years (or has easy access to repair info/parts)
- App to control it (but if the controls on the machine are good enough - not sure why I need it)
- Budget is up to $1500 (prefer it to be less but willing to pay more for reliable equipment)

I don't really need it to pick up leaves or heavy debris because there aren't any trees around my house. We do have some pretty big spiders that end up in the bottom of the pool tho so I don't know... haha.

Options I've looked at on Amazon (that is where the prices are from):
Dolphin Premier - $1,447
Polaris P825 Sport - $899
Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus - $849

I heard about these in a couple of YouTube review videos and they all sound pretty nice.
I am mostly curious if the expensive one is worth the extra money?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be super helpful! TY!

Call... Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077

This has been the best TFP advice for wanna be bot owners for several years now.

Reactions: Newdude
We have had our pool and Dolphin robot cleaner for a couple of months now. I was going to buy the robot online until I saw a few reviews on Amazon complaining about how the local pool store will NOT do warranty maintenance on their robot. I checked with my local pool stores and they confirmed they will not perform maintenance on robots that were not purchased from them. They informed me I would have to ship the robot for warranty work. These machines are large and heavy. The reviews complaining about the shipping said they paid $60 plus just for the shipping to get warranty work done. Check with your local stores and ask them about warranty work. For example, the local Leslies stores only do maintenance on Polaris. BUT they sell Dolphin and other brands. The store said they have to ship the other brands to get warranty work performed. If getting local warranty work is a priority to you, then check the local stores and ask them what brands they actually do warranty work.

I wanted a Dolphin and went with a store called PoolWerx because the local store had staff trained in Dolphin Repair work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.