Robotic cleaner that cleans steps and ledges?

Blazen

May 15, 2019
Louisiana
Looking for feedback from someone with personal experience with a robotic cleaner that works on steps and ledges? I have an in-ground freeform gunite pool with many stairs and 2 tanning ledges. Is there a robotic cleaner that really will clean stairs and ledges? I'm currently researching the Maytronics/dolphin cleaners? There are so many options...I'm open to suggestions on other brands but am specifically looking for input from owners who have steps and/or ledges in their pool. I re-plumbed some equipment so will not be purchasing another Polaris or pressure type unit.

Attachments

• pool 2.JPG
    pool 2.JPG
    487.6 KB · Views: 33
You will be sorely disappointed by any self-directed cleaner. They do an excellent job with larger surfaces but their geometry and tracking make stairs a real challenge. Ledges are a "maybe based on depth because they need to be fully submerged to operate (they "vacuum" by drawing water in from the bottom, filtering it and then expelling it, if any of those elements is disturbed the machines will not work.

The easiest solution for steps is to give them a quick brush to sweep the debris to the pool floor.

Mine frequently, but not always manages to get on my sundeck. It also hits my two ledges/seats mostly. About 1/2 the time I just manually brush the stairs and sundeck into the larger pool area so the robot can get to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.