Robotic cleaner for waterline, steps, benches, fake-infinity-edge recommendation? Or I am asking too much?

averagejoe

Jul 12, 2015
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-20
I wonder if I am asking too much for a robot to clean. I know that cleaners in general have issues with steps/benches. And that fake-infinity-edge - I wonder if waterline can be cleaned there at all with any robotic cleaner? Any ideas, and especially experience, is greatly appreciated!

1592185110580.png

1592185139688.png

Joe,

I would say no Joe... :mrgreen:

Robots in general do not clean benches or steps.. Not to say they don't get up there sometimes, but they are not designed to clean them.

I really doubt that they will clean your slanted water line tile... They are made to clean a vertical tile line.. Assuming they even tilted as much as your tile, I'm pretty sure the robot would see that as problem and reverse its movement.

Your best bet is to make a friend with someone that owns a Dolphin and borrow it for a day or so...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: averagejoe
Thanks guys for confirming it! Back to brushing these areas and running zodiac mx6 for the bulk of it =)

And a good idea about a friend with Dolphin. Need to make more friends with pools first tho =)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.