robot storage

rob42

May 7, 2018
Bowie, MD
I just got my first robot, a Dolphin Explorer E30. I am kind of limited for convenient storage options. I was thinking of Yet Another deck box, or even a dog house! Would the deck box be good enough for summer provided that it is out of full sun? I know there are a lot of directions about storing in a cool place, etc, but that's not terribly convenient in my case. If i have to move it to and from the garage, I will be a lot less likely to use it on a regular basis.

Is the power supply weather-proof? It seems like it must be, but I'm sure that I will store it at least under cover. I just need to know whether to come running if I am in the middle of a cycle and rain comes.

I guess, technically, I can leave the robot in the pool ready to run on a schedule. What assumptions do they make about where the power supply is in such a configuration?

Thanks.

I have stored mine in the pool since I got it around the end of 2018. :) It's rarely unplugged (I will put it in the garage if we are gone for more than a few days) and haven't had any issues with it. The power supply is out of the weather (in firewood storage cubby) under covered patio.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.