Robot recommendation

lhegs

Jun 18, 2014
Victor
Hello I am replacing a pressure side pump/Polaris 360 and am looking at going with a robot. We have a 15K kidney shaped gunite pool with a 12" ledge around the entire pool. The ledge sits about 15" below the water line. Looking for a robot that can navigate and clean the ledge as well as the pool bottom. We also have a tanning ledge that is about 8" deep but from my understanding there is not a robot that will clean that so I will need to brush.

Can anyone make a recommendation. Don't want to break the bank though....

L,

No robot will consistently clean a ledge.. I would go with the S200 and just manually sweep the ledge into the pool once a week.

Call... Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077

They can't do internet sales, but they can do phone sales.. Ask her what the best robot is for you.

Thanks,

Jim R.

L,

No robot will consistently clean a ledge.. I would go with the S200 and just manually sweep the ledge into the pool once a week.

Call... Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077

They can't do internet sales, but they can do phone sales.. Ask her what the best robot is for you.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you! I placed a call today to them and left a message. Not sure if they are closed due to COVID-19

I just purchased a pentair warrior SE ( same as s200 ) and love it. I have a ledge and it won't climb up and get on it but does great everywhere else.
In Atlanta I am getting a LOT of small tree "stuff" my Polaris just blew it around and after one robot cleaning cycle it got 90% of it if not more.
Ask Margaret for the filter upgrade, she did mind for free and it helps!

Looks like it works good. I am also in Cobb county and looking for a robot. I’ve been doing it all manually so far but I get so many trees and bugs in my Pool it’s ridiculous. I’m considering the base nautilus cc. I’ll have to check the differences with the s200.

Last edited:
Looks like it works good. I am also in Cobb county and looking for a robot. I’ve been doing it all manually so far but I get so many trees and bugs in my Pool it’s ridiculous. I’m considering the base nautilus cc. I’ll have to check the differences with the s200.

I paid $699 for mine including shipping and was $699 and they upgraded the filters which helped with pollen.
Some of the ones on Amazon are only 33' cords and don't' climb walls.

Sure Mariana pool and spa, if you email them they will send you a quote and account to pay online.
Lots of folks here have used them

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
S,

I have had a Premier robot for over 5 years.. It cost about $1,200 when I bought it.. Today it is in a rent house pool working away. I replaced it with an S200, that cost $700 bucks.

While the Premier has worked flawlessly, if it died today, it would be replaced by another S200. Hands-down, the S200 is a better robot.

It is lighter.
Has a much larger top loading basket, instead of a dinky bottom loading basket
Does not need the floating handle to work
Does not have "climbing rings" that really do nothing.
Cleans the waterline tile better.

So.. the Premier will work, but why buy 10 year old technology when better is available.

Not sure why you are buying 10 of them, but if the plan is to rent them, or loan them out, then any after warranty repair of the S200 will be much easier than the repair of the older Premier..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Gwl_316
This is for my own homes. assuming this is the unit

Or this one

Funny... My robots were tax free, and free 2-day shipping.. Money back is a function of your credit card.. I have no clue what bank bonuses are...

Anyway.. Where you purchase your items is certainly your choice.. Our "job" is to provide you with options.. your job is to do whatever works best for you... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Heavenlytunes
Is Pentair Warrior SE same as Maytronics/Dolphin S200.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.