Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm starting to look at robots for future small in-ground pool. I'm reading reviews on Amazon for the $625 Dolphin Nautilus (model 99996323). Some of the negative reviews say that is just stopped working but it seems to have overall better reviews than other similarly priced devices. Anyone here have any experience they want to share? I trust you guys more than the Amazon people. $1,000 is the absolute max I'm willing to spend and I certainly want it to last more than a few seasons. If it is just the nature of things for these robots to die, then I might just save my money and buy a simple suction side cleaner. We had a Wanda the Whale in our old above ground and it did just fine when combined with my manual sweeping/vacuuming which I don't mind doing.

Marina Pool Spa and Patio will send you an S200 which is a VERY nice robot... for around $700~

Many users on this forum have purchased from them. Call and ask for Margaret (must call, no online orders)

Reactions: Shirker
You will find every one here recommending a maytronics / dolphin robot, and for good reason. I researched robots to the end of the earth, both on and independent of this forum. Aquabots seem to have great reviews, but are a bit archaic from a build and design perspective when compared to dolphins. I went with a dolphin nautilus cc plus (which is the internet sales version of the M200), that has a 2 year warranty. I bought it from pool zoom via amazon so I could add a 3 year square trade warranty that kicks in after the factory warranty expires. The extended warranty was the only reason I chose to not buy from Marina Pools. Otherwise I would have picked up the S200. A 5 year warranty is comforting when robots cost as much as they do. It's a phenomenal cleaner and leaves my pool spotless in 3 hours, cleans 2 of my 3 steps along with my bench, and does not get stuck on main drain covers.

Also, when compared to my kreepy krawly suction side cleaner, there is zero comparison, and I think 99% of members here with robots will say the same thing.

Reactions: Shirker
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.