Hope Mills, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am thinking about getting my wife a robot pool cleaner for Christmas.
With a 16 x 32 with end steps vinyl liner, what is a good robot?
Don't want the "crawler" style that we got for tree when the pool was installed because it never worked. Also, I do not have any special provisions for a cleaner, just 2 skimmer holes and 4 eyeball returns.

Thanks

I'm surprised someone else hasn't answered. You need one of the robotic cleaners like the Maytronics Dolphin line. They required only electricity, as the cleaner is totally self contained. They also work better than pressure side cleaners and don't contaminate your filter like suction side cleaners. Maytronics has MANY different models, although many are the same with different model numbers for the people who sell them. You could start at the Maytronics website and then look for reviews. Several people here have favorite models, but you can evaluate features, prices, and reviews for yourself.

Gris,

Call Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa... They have a website, but only sell Robots over the phone or in person.. I recommend the S200 for $700 bucks including two day shipment.. They also have the S300 and S300i with more bells and whistles, but of course they cost more. Margaret can tell you which one you need.

I would not buy one with a remote unless you have more money than you need.. :mrgreen:

They are always busy, so you might have to keep trying..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I am thinking about getting my wife a robot pool cleaner for Christmas.
With a 16 x 32 with end steps vinyl liner, what is a good robot?
Don't want the "crawler" style that we got for tree when the pool was installed because it never worked. Also, I do not have any special provisions for a cleaner, just 2 skimmer holes and 4 eyeball returns.

Thanks
Currently have the Maytronics Nautilus CC Plus (bought May 2018), and it works very well. No repairs, etc., so far. I'm thinking about getting a Dolphin T55i or S300i in the spring, so would go that direction if I were buying today. Those two are basically the Nautilus CC on steroids....also made by Maytronics. Upgrades are active brushing (independent of the drive treads), a larger single filtration basket, multi-stage filtration, and ability to drive it around manually via a phone app. It's kind of a Rolls Royce, but it's a fundamentally sound product. My only gripe with my CC is that it chokes if there are more than 15-20 decent sized leafs (think maple leafs) as those large leaves will get stuck in the fabric portion of the filter inlet. the filter baskets (there are two) are also a little small, so suction drops off with leaf quantity. The T55i/S300i should'nt have that problem.

Last edited:
Thanks to TFP, Christmas went well. Margaret took great care of me and delivered my wife's new robot just in time for Christmas. I was out of the country and wouldn't be available for delivery until the 20th, so she had delivery scheduled for then. They were sold out of the S200 version, but they did have the Pentair Warrior SE, which is the exact same robot with different colored sides.

The wife can't wait until pool opening day!

Merry Christmas to all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.