Robot cleaners vs manual vaccuming

amin36

In The Industry
Nov 24, 2017
shahsavar
Hey guys

As i've read posts here regarding manual vaccuming vs robot cleaners it seems like most experts here totally recommand using robot cleaners and are against
Manual vaccuming.
Well with no doubt robot cleaners are much better but as i was reading this website below which sells special gaskets for sealing vaccum plate to skimmer basket for a better vaccuming the author mentioned :

"Even if you use an automatic or robotic pool vacuum cleaner, there are conditions when you will need to manually vacuum your pool. For instance, after thunderstorms, or the dreaded algae blooms and your automatic pool vacuum is not able to effectively vacuum this type of heavy debris."

So can this be said that we cannot completely ignore manual vaccuming and for some heavy situations of debris and ...
robots can't be effective and there must be manual vaccum?

Thanks

Reactions: RyanSina
There are numerous threads on the forum where manual vacuuming is the best alternative and recommended, especially if you have to remove algae and vacuum to waste.

There are many times with heavy debris as well that you wish to avoid going through the filter and it is best to vacuum to waste. Depending on the plumbing, sometimes a suction side vacuum can be set up to vacuum to waste. Pressure side cleaners and robots have their own baskets or nets to capture debris and if the debris is heavy then it clearly best to use a manual vacuum to waste if the plumbing is able to do that.

I'm a fan of redundant systems. What do you do a few hours before your big summer pool party and the robot stops working? Or its not getting up all those pesky leaves? Break out the manual vac!! I like that PoolVacSaver. It makes sense to let the skimmer basket collect the large stuff before it gets to the pump basket.

So I'm not sure this is an either/or question. If budget allows, use a robot or suction-side automatic cleaner for day to day, but have a manual setup ready to go, for the fall "leaf drop" or other contingencies. Why not?

Hey guys

As i've read posts here regarding manual vaccuming vs robot cleaners it seems like most experts here totally recommand using robot cleaners and are against
Manual vaccuming.
Well with no doubt robot cleaners are much better but as i was reading this website below which sells special gaskets for sealing vaccum plate to skimmer basket for a better vaccuming the author mentioned :

"Even if you use an automatic or robotic pool vacuum cleaner, there are conditions when you will need to manually vacuum your pool. For instance, after thunderstorms, or the dreaded algae blooms and your automatic pool vacuum is not able to effectively vacuum this type of heavy debris."

So can this be said that we cannot completely ignore manual vaccuming and for some heavy situations of debris and ...
robots can't be effective and there must be manual vaccum?

Thanks
There is no pool cleaning system available today that can't be overwhelmed by nature. That is why manual vacuuming will always be needed at some point in a pool's life.
However, owning a pool without some sort of automatic (or semi-automatic/robotic) cleaner is not a very pleasant experience in the modern age of pool ownership.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.