RJ45 SALINITY READING

It is now up to 2900 seems to be making chlorine still has low salt light on.
Is the salinity reading increasing?

Can you stir the bottom up a lot?

You need a good salinity test kit or meter.
Can you recommended a good meter? Like something easy that employees can check.

I have an RJ45 for a little over 1 year and I love it!!!!
Yes the salt readings on the RJ45 will confuse the heck out of you when you are starting out with the RJ45. Bottom line, use the Taylor salt test kit when you are starting out with your RJ45. Should you be able to rely on the RJ45 salt readings initially? Yeah sure, but get over it. I have found that after several months I can now rely on the RJ45 "salt" readings. Again I bought the RJ45 to generate chlorine not to be my salt tester and it works beautifully generating CL in an unattended mode, again love the RJ45. The Taylor salt kit is inexpensive and works. You only need to test your salt levels initially (first couple of weeks). Once stable the salt level really won't change much under normal conditions so you won't be measuring the salt (only to put your mind at ease periodically).

I have an RJ45 for a little over 1 year and I love it!!!!
Yes the salt readings on the RJ45 will confuse the heck out of you when you are starting out with the RJ45. Bottom line, use the Taylor salt test kit when you are starting out with your RJ45. Should you be able to rely on the RJ45 salt readings initially? Yeah sure, but get over it. I have found that after several months I can now rely on the RJ45 "salt" readings. Again I bought the RJ45 to generate chlorine not to be my salt tester and it works beautifully generating CL in an unattended mode, again love the RJ45. The Taylor salt kit is inexpensive and works. You only need to test your salt levels initially (first couple of weeks). Once stable the salt level really won't change much under normal conditions so you won't be measuring the salt (only to put your mind at ease periodically).
Thanks for the info. It took several days for the RJ45 to be happy with salt level even though numbers did not change a lot. Also amps on cell now show positive 4.09 or so....

Noticed tonight this rust color at end of cell is this normal?

Attachments

• 0621211745~2.jpg
    0621211745~2.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 0621211745a~2.jpg
    0621211745a~2.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 0621211745c~2.jpg
    0621211745c~2.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 16

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dissolve some vitamin C tablets in a quart of water and then remove the cell and pour in the water to see if the brown disappears.

If it does, it's probably iron.

Rinse well and reinstall.

Probably iron.

I would get an iron test kit to see how much iron is in the water.

Did the cell get dropped?

It looks like it might have a crack?
No I think you are seeing a little piece of grass. Saw that too had to look twice.

Will that hurt if its iron? Is there a e at to control it?

# 1 looks like an impact.

# 2 looks like a crack.

The cell is after the filter. So, no grass or other debris should be getting to the cell.

View attachment 348089
No its grass and debris. I wondered about why its getting past the sand fiter.
Maybe I need more sand in the filter? Sorry really new to this. The filter is about 1/2 to 3/4 full with pool filter sand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.