RJ+ 60 Installation

ddk315

Jul 26, 2020
Mobile AL
Hi All,

New to the forum, found it when researching the conversion from Chlorine tabs to salt water generated chlorine. Today was the day I cut out my tab feeder and installed an RJ+60 (bought with the $10 upgrade pricing). Here are the pictures from the installation. Made my own vertical installation adapter from home depot.

Saturday I added enough salt to get me to 3900ppm (960lbs to 36000ish gallons starting at 400ppm).
I added a zinc sacrificial anode to my skimmer basket
Plumbed in the rest of the stuff today. Set it to run for 12 hours on 70% to see how it performs.

I know I need to add a sun shade for the generator itself, but am I missing anything else egregious?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5357.jpg
    IMG_5357.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5356.jpg
    IMG_5356.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 70
So I was curious and I went to check the manual to make sure I was remembering correctly. This is what it says:

27ECF7FA-53D5-4415-B1EE-6B3894660639.jpeg

Interestingly, it doesn’t specifically call out a vertical installation (unless that’s a typo and it should say “vertically” instead of “horizontally”) but it does say that the wire side should be considered the inlet.

So I was curious and I went to check the manual to make sure I was remembering correctly. This is what it says:

View attachment 156693

Interestingly, it doesn’t specifically call out a vertical installation (unless that’s a typo and it should say “vertically” instead of “horizontally”) but it does say that the wire side should be considered the inlet.

Those are two separate thoughts. The wire is the inlet side without regard to the orientation. They most likely don't want the cord hanging from the bottom of the unit if horizontal because it puts more stress on the connection. If vertical, it wouldn't matter.

Those are two separate thoughts. The wire is the inlet side without regard to the orientation. They most likely don't want the cord hanging from the bottom of the unit if horizontal because it puts more stress on the connection. If vertical, it wouldn't matter.

Yeah, that makes sense, plus if it was installed vertically it could be installed either way, depending on whether it was installed on the “Up” portion of a vertical run, in which case the input and wire should be at the bottom” or the “Down” portion, in which case the input and wire should be at the top.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hopefully this thread is not dead... I have a Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ system. Using a Turbo Cell T-CELL-5. The pool came with the house and the cell was installed horizontally. The installation manual clearly says it should be installed vertically (something about gas release into the pool). Will my cell work when installed horizontally? Any issues with life span or efficiency with a horizontal install?

I am in the process of gathering materials for a vertical installation of the RJ-60, very similar to the installation pictured at the beginning of this thread. I was curious if the electrolytic cell was restricted by flow direction. I contacted Circupool support and they reported that the electrolytic cell has no flow direction restriction, only the flow switch is directional.

Reactions: Hootz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.