Riverside, CA - Backyard Overhaul

Just throw a few Wanger shots in the 3D CAD drawings and she’ll come around...I will not consider my life well-lived until Kim is standing ankle deep in a sea of rebar inspecting the layout with a tap measure and laser level in hand...

She should be careful that her MrT bling necklace doesn't hang up on one of the Rebar ties.

I worry she'll change her mind on the pool and use it as the world's biggest Kitty litter box

B that looks like a magazine shoot! WOWZER! You did AWESOME!!! They needed every one of those lights with all of the angles and such.

What are they using to clean the pool-robot or ? Did they go with a SWG? You???

I am VERY scared of building a pool-the money alone :shock: to do the retaining wall for the rain run off from the front of the property=nope. Sticking with our above ground pool. Funny about the giant litter box :roll: my cats DID use the bottom as one when it was being installed! None of us even thought about trying to keep them out. Had to rework the sand the next day ewwwwwwww

Kim:kim:

B that looks like a magazine shoot! WOWZER! You did AWESOME!!! They needed every one of those lights with all of the angles and such.

What are they using to clean the pool-robot or ? Did they go with a SWG? You???

I am VERY scared of building a pool-the money alone :shock: to do the retaining wall for the rain run off from the front of the property=nope. Sticking with our above ground pool. Funny about the giant litter box :roll: my cats DID use the bottom as one when it was being installed! None of us even thought about trying to keep them out. Had to rework the sand the next day ewwwwwwww

Kim:kim:

The pool is fully automated and has an SWG.

I dropped off their robot yesterday as well as their TF-100. I don't even plumb vacuum ports in the pools anymore and haven't for some time. There really isn't any reason to go with anything other than a robot

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So now what :scratch: you’re done with pools.... what else you got ? Hand-crafted cat hair macramé speedos just seems so boring....

So now what :scratch: you’re done with pools.... what else you got ? Hand-crafted cat hair macramé speedos just seems so boring....

I still do plans for owner builders and act as a consultant on local projects.

I just can't continue to keep working this much. This project started over 6 months ago and I bet I averaged 3 days per week at the job actually doing work. The days I wasn't there were spent either at the fire station or running around picking up materials.

Here's the rundown:

Patio Plans - Me
Pool Plans- Me
Fireplace Pergola plans - Me
Permits - Me
Demolition - Me and Wanger
Pool Dig - Sub
Forms - Me
Patio footings - Me and Wanger
Wall footings- Me and Wanger
Fireplace Footings - Me and Wanger
Pool Rebar - Sub
All other Rebar - Me and Wanger
Window mods/ Drywall - Me and Wanger
Stucco patches - Me and Wanger
Plumbing - Sub
Shotcrete - me and 7 others
Planters - Sub
Patio Framing - Me and Wanger
Coping- Sub
Tile -Sub
BbQ Island- Me
Roofing - Me and Wanger
Electrical/AV - Me
Drywall - Sub
Stucco - me and a sub
Paint - Sub
Pool Electrical- me
Fireplace - Me
Pergola - Me
Electrical - Me
Decking- Me and 10 others
Stone - Sub
Plaster -Sub
AquaBright - Me, Wanger and Dave
Misc- probably Me

Believe it or not I subbed more things out on this build than any other I've done...

The quality of your builds are obvious by the attention you pay to the details, the details that are visible and design-oriented. You sub out the stuff that no ones going to look at anyway or the stuff that’s cheaper and easier for someone else to do. But the job, it’s all you!

Well done, sir ... well done :salut:

PS - the car-hair ... um ... “items” you sent me were a bit itchy...can you do Alpaca instead?

Getting old Brian??? Hahahahahaha

I'm 34 and feel like I'm 64...I started getting grey hair in my early 20's :(

The quality of your builds are obvious by the attention you pay to the details, the details that are visible and design-oriented. You sub out the stuff that no ones going to look at anyway or the stuff that’s cheaper and easier for someone else to do. But the job, it’s all you!

Well done, sir ... well done :salut:

PS - the car-hair ... um ... “items” you sent me were a bit itchy...can you do Alpaca instead?

Thank you Sir!

I'll make a new one out of used ScotchBrite pads

I started losing my hairs in my 20’s ... no grey. I’m ah, well, a little older than Brian and only now the goatee is getting some salt & pepper. I make up for it though with my spectacular Greek god-like bikini-bod and glistening olive skin tone...I was “breaking the internet” way before Kim Kardashian was even old enough to twerk....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.