Ripples in plaster

lltee

Mar 18, 2021
Houston, Texas
Hi guys, pool service company that PB uses gave us the green light to swim on day 5 in after we filled with water. Water was balanced, everything good to go! It's day 9 now and I see ripples in the shallow end and a footprint in my plaster. Honestly, I am so so devasted. I tried to do everything right. Is this from us swimming too soon or from normal plastering by hand? I should have asked the PB in hindsight, but I didn't know... Will continuous brushing smooth this out... Has this ever happened to anyone? According to pool service company, many pools they start up swim on day 5 so I'm confused why this happened to us. Maybe this is normal as i saw them at night with pool light on?? I'm trying not to get too stressed about my ripples and footprint but it's hard.

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

Nothing you did created those problems. They were left by the plaster crew.

Nothing you can do to fix it now. Just part of the character of a hand applied plaster job.

Reactions: lltee
Plaster jobs is a manual process so they are far from perfect, sorry this happened to you, I'd be furious but can't be really fixed. Enjoy the memories you will create in the pool, they far outweigh the footprint. If it makes you feel any better my tile guy missed the pattern toward the end and I have about 3 feet of tile that doesn't match the rest of the work, kind of hard to tell but it bothers me because I know exactly where it is and with the shortage of material it would be about another 3 months to get it fixed so I had to let it go

Reactions: lltee
Just part of the character of a hand applied plaster job.
My builder should have said that when I showed him the bootprints stomped down in the center of my spa, or the bootprints left in my steps leading in/out of the pool. I call it sloppy work and he could call it character.

Haven't gotten to the plaster stage. Does your plaster contain pebbles? I will have a pebble finish, would that make any difference in the likelihood of it occurring?

I would not like footsteps in my plaster either.

Reactions: borjis and lltee
My builder should have said that when I showed him the bootprints stomped down in the center of my spa, or the bootprints left in my steps leading in/out of the pool. I call it sloppy work and he could call it character.

Haven't gotten to the plaster stage. Does your plaster contain pebbles? I will have a pebble finish, would that make any difference in the likelihood of it occurring?

I would not like footsteps in my plaster either.
I have pebble! Since it's applied by hand, I think there's going to be things like this

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.