Ripping vinyl liner

Feb 27, 2015
Grand Rapids MI
I started to patch my in ground vinyl liner last summer in 2 spots. It held up well over the winter and this summer a couple more spots required patching. The ones patched last summer are also getting to the edge of the patch now. I am planning on having the liner replaced this summer or at the beginning of next season (May).

My question is, will the winter cause significant damage that would cause me to have a new liner put in this summer. Or do you think I can wait? I'd rather wait as I get a discount next spring and don't want to lose swim time this season.

What if all of the tears joined into one large one? Would it cause damage other than just the liner which I'm going to replace anyways?

Liner 1

Liner 2

It could tear enough that the liner dips below the water line, then you would be at risk of getting water behind the liner. You might try contacting some liner people now and find out if they have any end of season deals. It will be easier to replace when the weather is warm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.