Ripped Liner! Fixable or Replace? Intex Ultra XTR

RACHB

Jun 6, 2022
Utah
We have a 24x12x52" Intex Ultra XTR that isn't even a year old. During take down last year the pole hole was ripped approx. 2" where marked in red. Is there any way to repair this or is it best to just purchase a whole new liner?

Worried about the stress/weight this spot carries and if it will just continue ro rip.

Screenshot_20220606-213930_Chrome.jpg

That liner has a 2 yr warranty- I would contact intex & see about a replacement. They are supposed to be able to withstand assembly/disassembly as they are designed to be stored for the winter.
That is an odd place for a tear - is it on the seam? If so it sounds like a defect.

That liner has a 2 yr warranty- I would contact intex & see about a replacement. They are supposed to be able to withstand assembly/disassembly as they are designed to be stored for the winter.
That is an odd place for a tear - is it on the seam? If so it sounds like a defect.
It is not on a seam at all. It is a very strange place. Great, maybe I will try to contact them first.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Those liners are generally quite robust since they have a reinforced weave inside the vinyl. Hopefully they will send u a replacement! Ps -be prepared to wait on the phone. If u don’t get anywhere w/ that go for an email warranty claim.

I'm going to buck the trend and say I wouldn't worry a great deal about it. If you can get a replacement under warranty, go for it. But I wouldn't be willing to pay for one. I cut a much larger hole than that in my Intex liner to install a thru the wall skimmer and it never caused any problem. The stress on these liners is pretty evenly spread and isn't real high at any given point.

Screenshot_20220607-102114-300.png

Reactions: Mdragger88
Do u have a pic of the actual rip?
That would help us judge the severity a little better & if it will be a problem. Either way I would inquire about a warranty replacement- u can always store it until u need it .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.