SLC/UT
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Good afternoon noon. Question for this group. Our new pool has a slightly unique (at least I haven't seen one) elevation/profile. We are 20x45, with 3 full width sections, a tanning shelf that is 18" deep and 5 ft long, a "play" section that is 4' deep and 20' long, then it drops directly to 9' feet deep and 20' long for diving and what not.

I recently purchased the Aiper Scuba S1. Have given it a go, and I don't think it is the robot for me. It cleans the walls just fine, and our deep end just fine, but for the shelf and play area, it hits the edge and falls off, hence the deep end always getting a thorough cleaning.

Is there a bot that can handle this floor elevation? or am I doomed to manual vacuuming?

Thank you!

So if I am understanding the depth profile, there are 90 deg drop offs from the shelf to the shallow section and then again from the shallow section to the deep section.

I doubt any cleaner can handle that as those drop offs become “walls” with one at 2.5ft and the other at 5ft.

That is correct. And what I am starting to believe. Unless there is a cleaner that can be “programmed” or “mapped”

That is correct. And what I am starting to believe. Unless there is a cleaner that can be “programmed” or “mapped”
Actually what is needed is a iRobot room vacuum type cleaner that has a sensor to prevent it from falling down stairs when it reaches an edge. I have not heard of any bot with that for a pool.

Curious if anyone has used the beatbot aquasense pro, and its "intelligent" mapping? Would it work in this scenario with our unique pool floor?