Rogers, AR
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Getting close to opening and during inspection of heat pump found a broken plastic fitting. It seals water in the heat exchanger where the refrigerant line enters the exchanger. The fitting that compresses the white seat is broken in half. I have found what may possibly a solution to this problem: a heater exchange repair kit, part H000074. Photos show actual damage and a picture of the kit. I have not been able to find any literature on the kit itself but it sure looks like it will remedy my problem. Anyone have any experience with a
Rheem/Ruud/Raypak heat pump with this problem?

Thanks for your reply Texas Splash. I talked to a support tech at Raypak and he explained that the white ferrule seen in my picture does not seal the water in the heat exchanger, it only supports the line and is removed for the repair. The actual seal is between the gray fitting and the white tee fitting. The repair kit will replace everything in gray. The replacement seal is a split ring; after placing it around the line the super glue is used to seal the split and make the seal whole. The nipple fitting is also split in half; after placing it around the line the cone shaped fitting threads on to the nipple holding it together while the whole assembly is threaded into the white tee. I ordered a kit from inyo pools, it took longer that normal since it shipped direct from the manufacturer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.