Revised pool RUN TIME, my serendipitous experience

Chaballa

Sep 10, 2019
Plano Texas
Several days ago, pool pump went out. Waited 3.5 days before repair, just a capacitor need replaced. Pool never looked better and chem's were perfect. Other than adding 3 cups of liquid chlorine daily & swimming in pool, did nothing else for 3.5 days.

Seems like I was running pump too long daily for 9 hours with a TURNOVER RATE OF 1.24. Now I will run the pump 4 hours, coolest part of day (4am-8am), every other day & see how pool tests & how pool looks.

Looking to save on electricity currently, no pun intended. And with new minimized power usage, figure how to incorporate using solar panels.

Have little to no debris fall in pool as have only a palm tree nearby & neighbor's crepe myrtle flowers which look like pool pourpouri. Full sun on pool located in North Texas area.

Anyone else have success LESSENING THE POOL RUNTIME? And experience with solar panels?

Spring and fall I can run 6 hours on low but that is for my SWG... 8 hours in summer... You could probably do 2 to 4 hours a day and be fine, 48 hours may be a bit long but if it works good for you :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.