Reverting back to chlorine

why are you going to Leslie's?

for a good laugh ask them what will happen if you don't drain, lol
I find that when I go into a pool store the least amount of information I give them the better. While some stores have knowledgable employees, the vast majority have no idea what they are talking about.

Now, if I'm bored and want a laugh I take samples of water to several stores to see what they have to say.

I only went to Leslie,s to look at Salt chlorinator systems. My current SWG is an Older Jandy system and the Cell needs replaced. It has an old rectangular 2 port cell and there are no direct replacements available for it. Someone suggested that I could get a 3 port replacement but would have to do a major replug. While my family loves the feel of a salt water system and has become too expensive to repair and maintain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree it is always amusing to get advice from Leslie's and I never depend on the readings to make decisions of what's needed for my pool. Recently the told me my CYA was at zero. Knowing this was not the case I challenged the reading and they admitted that their measuring equipment was probably wrong. If i had not challenged them the would have tried to sell me cynauric acid.

I only went to Leslie,s to look at Salt chlorinator systems. My current SWG is an Older Jandy system and the Cell needs replaced. It has an old rectangular 2 port cell and there are no direct replacements available for it. Someone suggested that I could get a 3 port replacement but would have to do a major replug. While my family loves the feel of a salt water system and has become too expensive to repair and maintain.
Even if you switch to manual dosing with liquid chlorine the salt in the water is going ot give your family the same water "feel". As I said, many folks add salt even without a chlorine generator.

George:

I am having a salt cell installed by a professional. Of course, the cost of higher, but he is also plumbing the heater, and modifying a few things. The online cost is very reasonable. The Hayward T-9 Cell (I believe for 25,000 gallons), or the aqua rite AQR, which is over sized is around $610. To plumb it into your system is another story.

If the cell can last 6 years, I break even. Yes, my pool runs at most $200 in liquid chlorine per season. Definitely more expensive up front, but the convenience feature is very attractive. If I was not adding a heat pump, the SWG would not be added. It is really not that much of a PIA to manually dose your pool every day. If you switch over to liquid, take advantage of pool math.

The water this year feels much softer. Probably as the salt in the liquid chlorine has reached a comfortable point and I have order a salt kit to see where I am. Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.