Tipp City Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just doing some initial research. Can you have a return on a wall where an automatic pool cover is mounted or should that be avoided?

If the return is below the waterline tile then is should not be an issue. Has the contractor or someone informed you of a potential problem?

Thanks for the reply Herman. Actually, I'm working closely with a good friend of mine to install the pool, but we have no PB to speak of (risky; I know). I was working through skimmer and return placement in another thread. I just wondered if the automatic pool cover housing would prevent a return from being placed on that wall. For reference, the other thread is linked below. I'd love to get more feedback on that topic if you have the inclination.

One of our returns is on the same wall as our autocover. If you zoom in on the far wall you can see both the return and autocover housing. C9194B7C-8106-4BC8-B0B4-3966448CA713.jpeg

Welcome to TFP! I did all of the mechanicals for my build (had a builder do the pool walls and deck). I learned everything I needed to know from this site alone, and can honestly say I wouldn’t go back and change one thing. You’re in the right place - many people here so full builds on their own. I also have a return behind the auto cover housing I plumbed to a sprinkler valve for a fill line. There was plenty of room to get a 90 in there behind the auto cover housing, so no issues. And small world - I live just north of you.

Attachments

• 2F9E77FC-ED63-45D2-ABBA-369DDB7CC346.jpeg
    2F9E77FC-ED63-45D2-ABBA-369DDB7CC346.jpeg
    514.7 KB · Views: 0
Hey there fellow Ohioan :cool:. I appreciate the info (and reassurance). And yes, this site is amazing. I appreciate all of the great information and insight from a diverse group of excellent people.

Reactions: wgipe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.