Return Jet Replacement

jtpipkin

Bronze Supporter
Oct 2, 2016
albany, ga
Hey All - Been meaning to do this for years and every time I get started I end up getting frustrated trying to find these parts... Can anyone help me identify these fittings or point me in a direction to find new ones? It's a 1" eye, but looks like the majority of fittings out there are male, this one is female. I've tried to figure out if the male fitting attached in the pool is removable, and to the best of my knowledge, it is not. I've found a pentair replacement, but it is showing only 1.75" from corner to corner and is labeled as a 'slip in'? Anyone recognize these? Thanks - jp
IMG_0281.jpgIMG_0282.jpgIMG_0283.jpg

Ok sit tight, I know someone that might be able to help you. @PoolguyinCT @Pool Clown
I'm thinking the piece in the pool can come out ( or at least, it's supposed to). From everything I've researched, all return fittings are sold with inserts. I came home and fingered the inside of the male mounted in the pool (again), but I don't feel any slots for removal. Not saying it's not a slip in, but if I get to wrenching on it, and I'm wrong, I'm in trouble. I've ordered a cheap fitting off of amazon that 'should' come in pieces. The insert, the nut and the eyeball. If I'm lucky, it'll fit. I emailed Inyo asking the options, they said best option was to call a pool builder and get them to get it correct... Ain't no pool builder around here got time for that :)

Before you get over your head, just sit back and wait till the people I pinged, get back to you. (They are “In the industry” people and it may take a day or two to respond) It could be a simple thing as you suggested, but I would hate to see you have a mess on your hands.
Both of the people I pinged have a serious amount of knowledge in the pool field, and I know one of them,(if not both) will have some answers for you. Hang tight. :cheers:

Before you get over your head, just sit back and wait till the people I pinged, get back to you. (They are “In the industry” people and it may take a day or two to respond) It could be a simple thing as you suggested, but I would hate to see you have a mess on your hands.
Both of the people I pinged have a serious amount of knowledge in the pool field, and I know one of them,(if not both) will have some answers for you. Hang tight. :cheers:
Will do. Thx for your help

Pac Fab was acquired by Pentair and so Pentair grinds off all the old part numbers (PAC-25-1560) Or it may be a (PAC-25-1559), and stamps them with their numbers...

542002(white) for the -1560, and 542000(white) for the -1559 , is what you probably need, and yes, that eyeball you have, has broken off in the inside of the pipe and you need to remove the remnant before you install the new one. Installs best by tapping in with a dead blow hammer with a plastic head. If you choose to use a rubber mallet, keep your forehead out of the way.

https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/pentair-inlet-fitting-insider-15-542002/69583p1

Link above is merely for a view of the part. I encourage you to shop around...

Pac Fab was acquired by Pentair and so Pentair grinds off all the old part numbers (PAC-25-1560) Or it may be a (PAC-25-1559), and stamps them with their numbers...

542002(white) for the -1560, and 542000(white) for the -1559 , is what you probably need, and yes, that eyeball you have, has broken off in the inside of the pipe and you need to remove the remnant before you install the new one. Installs best by tapping in with a dead blow hammer with a plastic head. If you choose to use a rubber mallet, keep your forehead out of the way.

https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/pentair-inlet-fitting-insider-15-542002/69583p1

Link above is merely for a view of the part. I encourage you to shop around...

That's awesome Pool Clown - Greatly appreciated! I tried calling pentair yesterday - never got anywhere. Any advice on getting the the insert out, or in your experience - any chance they would have ever attempted to cement it in? Brute force with channel locks and a prayer?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is really no need to glue those in as they are an "interference fit" fitting, however, you never know...
You can try to drive a screwdriver blade CAREFULLY in between the fitting and the pipe and begin to pry it out. Pry out a little and then mover over and start again. or you can get a hacksaw blade or equivelent and hand saw the fitting (from front to rear) and then do the same with the screwdriver.

There is really no need to glue those in as they are an "interference fit" fitting, however, you never know...
You can try to drive a screwdriver blade CAREFULLY in between the fitting and the pipe and begin to pry it out. Pry out a little and then mover over and start again. or you can get a hacksaw blade or equivelent and hand saw the fitting (from front to rear) and then do the same with the screwdriver.
in your experience, why would someone use a slip in in the first place? does that mean that there are most likely no threads in the pipe and i'll always have to use that type?

Threaded fittings are too easy to get the threads damaged (if the fitting gets cross threaded when installed), or get plaster in them. When installed correctly, the slip in type work just fine, as long as the pipe is perpendicular to the pool wall. If the pipe isn't, the fitting wont set flush on the pool wall.

Reactions: jtpipkin
Threaded fittings are too easy to get the threads damaged (if the fitting gets cross threaded when installed), or get plaster in them. When installed correctly, the slip in type work just fine, as long as the pipe is perpendicular to the pool wall. If the pipe isn't, the fitting wont set flush on the pool wall.
Thank you for your help and guidance!

Arizonarob & Pool Clown - Just wanted to throw out a huge THANK YOU for your help. Pool Clown was correct in the 1.5" slip inlet assessment. I found the part for $11, and man, did it feel good installing and having it work correctly and smoothly! All these years of stressing for nothing. Again, Thank You both for your help!

That’s awsome!!

This is what makes this site a great resource for pool owners around the globe. You basically have thousands of members all looking out for each other, and lending up advice and know how.

Glad it all worked out for you. :cheers:

Reactions: jtpipkin
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Become a TFP Supporter!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.