Return jet direction

tm8747a

May 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON, Canada
I searched through a bunch of threads about this. I found many, but none that seemed to have the same configuration as I do. Some guys recently came to fix a leak. In the process of searching, they messed with the return jets such that my pool now looks like a wave pool. lol So trying to see how to return it to an optimal setting. I think the returns are pretty visible on the picture below, as is the skimmer. I was thinking maybe I should either point both towards the right (right from the perspective of looking at the picture) or point the one on the right to the left and the one on the left to the right. Any suggestions?

pool.jpeg

Best to just give it a try and see what works best in your pool.

In my situation, the best arrangement I’ve found is having both returns in the same right/left direction, but direct one of the returns toward the surface, and the other toward the bottom.

Like you, I have two returns in a small pool. The above arrangement helps with skimming, and helps to eliminates dead spots in the deeper part of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.