CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
As I mentioned in a couple other threads, I am rehabbing a pool and patio. We don't want to bury the 30 year old piping so we are replacing all of it. Can anyone tell me how to get these return inlets out and what I would replace them with? Thanks!

One image you can see from the inside of the pool and the other you can see the pipe going into the pool wall from the outside.

Attachments

• 20230515_191136.jpg
    20230515_191136.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230515_191130.jpg
    20230515_191130.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 22
As I mentioned in a couple other threads, I am rehabbing a pool and patio. We don't want to bury the 30 year old piping so we are replacing all of it. Can anyone tell me how to get these return inlets out and what I would replace them with? Thanks!

One image you can see from the inside of the pool and the other you can see the pipe going into the pool wall from the outside.
As Texas Splash mentioned, a spanner (pin wrench) is commonly used. I have used needle-nose pliers with the tips in the holes on fittings like that.

Reactions: Texas Splash
As Texas Splash mentioned, a spanner (pin wrench) is commonly used. I have used needle-nose pliers with the tips in the holes on fittings like that.
The holes are from the screws that held the face plate on. It looks like to me these are perhaps glued into a PVC sleeve?

The holes are from the screws that held the face plate on. It looks like to me these are perhaps glued into a PVC sleeve?
They shouldn't be glued, but may be stuck. Those screws say that it is a SwimQuip eyeball fitting. The plate should pop off.

1435.gif

Reactions: Texas Splash
Update in case anyone is interested. The outlet fitting was actually screwed onto what appears to be a PVC plug that they had drilled a hole in or something similar and that assembly was glued into the wall. On a side note, I cannot believe how kinked the pipes were! I hardly believe that they would work. What is the opinion around here about PVC vs flex? I was all set to install PVC and a local reputable pool company, who will be doing the liner, said they only use flex due to settling and freezing concerns?

Attachments

• 20230517_161950.jpg
    20230517_161950.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230517_161136.jpg
    20230517_161136.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.