Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Just starting prep for liner install tomorrow on my semi inground steel wall. Getting conflicting advice on when to install the return fitting. Picture is attached and the only gasket is between the faceplate and the fitting. I assumed for that reason the fitting would be put in place before the liner and then cut out just the center portion when water just below return. Faceplate then installed. A friend putting up same pool says to push fitting into return hole after liner is installed and cut from back side. I've seen that done lots but with only the one gasket I think that is incorrect as there would only be a seal between faceplate and return and not return and liner.

Thanks for your thoughts

Attachments

• return.JPG
    return.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
If your fitting is exactly like you pictured, the fitting will go in the wall before the liner and the face place removed. This should leave the gasket on the fitting. Once the liner is in and square and you are filling with water. You will install the face plate an then cut the center part out. You should let the water depth get to within a foot or so of the return before installing the face plate.

When installing the fitting in the wall...try to orient the screw holes in a manor you will remember when it comes time to put the face plate on. You don't want to "poke" a screw hole where there is no hole. I recommend feeling around and marking the holes on the liner with a sharpie before "poking" a hole.

Thanks for the reply. That was how I pictured it but was double checking after I was told a different way. The faceplate has a notch so that it can only sit on the fitting in one place to align with screw holes so screws shouldn't be too much of an issue if I can get it set in place with that notch. I will mark them just to be safe.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.