Resurface in Tampa Bay - Project complete!

I just realized I never turned on the setting to share the pool math logs on my profile. Fixed that. I'll note that my CYA levels are complete guesses based on relative cloudiness, since it's too low to get a real reading.

Correct. The chlorine will move from reserve chlorine to active chlorine as you need it.
Thanks for your help! I had wrongly assumed that the stabilized chlorine would not show up as free chlorine.

I would not let the pool company now use a chlorine neutralizer. You can read about them in Free Chlorine - Further Reading

Just let your FC drop over the next few days.

And take control of your water chemistry ASAP.

Reactions: borjis
I had figured having them pay for the initial chemical balancing would be nice. Or rather, that I already indirectly paid for. I'll check how many visits they have left. I might ask them if they could just lay off until it's time to add the salt and get the SWG going.

I might ask them if they could just lay off until it's time to add the salt and get the SWG going.

I would ask then to deliver to you the bags of salt and tell them you will call if you have any problems.

You have the salt test kit. Given their track record it is doubtful they will add the proper amount of salt. You may be too low or too high. Do it yourself.

7 bags of salt will add 3400 ppm of salt. They should give you 7 40lb bags of salt.

Add 5 bags of salt, stir the salt on the pool floor around until it dissolves, let your pump run 24/7 and wait 24-48 hours for it to fully distribute in the water. Then test the salt ppm. It should be around 2400 ppm. Each 40 lb bag adds about 475 ppm of salt. So if you are at around 2400 then add one more bag. Wait 24 hours and retest. If you are around 3,000 ppm then turn on the Truclear.

Optimum salt for the Truclear is 3,000 ppm and it will operate above 2500 ppm.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCNM
Your PH test is invalid at 10+ FC and it reads abnormally high. It’s probably fine. :)

Electrician just left. No more metal junction boxes next to the deck! Ran new conduit all the way from the pool to the wall and put in a new junction box there. So guess who's getting a light show tonight! 🌟

Since I've posted on other threads regarding my PB being good people: When the techs were out setting up the equipment a few weeks ago, the guy unpacked and pulled the lights through. I thought he had just pulled the wire through and left the 100' of slack in the box with the light. Nope! He also trimmed the 100' wire down to the 15' or so necessary to connect to the junction boxes. For those who are keeping track, yes, that would be the junction boxes that were just moved... Electrician noticed right away and called the PB, who brought out TWO BRAND SPANKING NEW LIGHTS within the hour. I'm really hoping they're able to recoup that cost somehow, because if my guess of 10% profit margin or so is correct, that alone just about makes this job busywork for them.

Also, between the new return line, the leak detection, and now new electrical conduit, my yard is officially a Complete Mess. Luckily it was all weeds and Crud-grass anyway.

Except for the not-working filter pressure gauge, which the PB is supposed to be bringing a new one out this afternoon... This pretty much completes my project!

🎆 LIGHT SHOW 🎆

20211020_192443-33.jpg20211020_192506-33.jpg20211020_192612-33.jpg20211020_193025-33.jpg

These are Jandy WaterColors LED lights. We just put it on the slow cycle, sat on the patio, and enjoyed for a bit. I believe these are in order: violet, alpine white, caribbean blue, and red.

Honestly the colors look even better in person. The white balance on my phone camera was obviously having trouble adjusting to pure LED colors in darkness. For instance, the alpine white does have a blue tinge, but not nearly as much as in the picture.

I'm also glad we stuck with the two lights. We debated dropping down to one, but my wife correctly pointed out why are we talking about spending more money to have less. She was right, of course!

PB stopped by and I now have a working pressure gauge. Cut him the final check and now I'm just waiting to get the final warranty and lien release paperwork either today or Monday. After that, the only other major thing to be done is the salt water conversion in a couple weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.