Restricting a return jet that has no fitting?

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
My pool has three return jets, one in the shallow end and two in the deep end. The return in the shallow end is very, very strong while the jets in the deep end are extremely weak. If I cover up the shallow end jet, the other jets put out more pressure. The problem I'm having is the shallow end jet has no fitting on it and I can't feel any threads inside the PVC. Can anyone point me to a fitting I could put on this jet to restrict some of the flow? Preferably one I could order from Amazon? Also, the pool is in-ground gunite if that makes any difference.

I've seen some old threads on this, but they don't have any valid links to products anymore.

Sounds like you need a Slip-Fit fitting/ return eye for that one outlet.

With no eyeball fitting you are loosing most of your pressure through that one outlet.

The smaller the outlet - the more resistance and the others should get more pump power.

You could even look at different size eyes to optimize your flow of your returns.

I believe 1/2 inch is small and 3/4 is larger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.