Silver Supporter
Apr 9, 2019
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
All, I hope all affected by storm Uri and Viola are safe and warm. I am in Houston and as many, we were hit hard with the cold weather and ice. My pool pump had been running 24/7 since last Friday in preparation of the storm. We lost power on Monday and after 13 hours at the advice of a neighbor I released the air from the filter to clear the lines of water, by this time the pump had been office many hours in the cold. We could not remove the clear skimmer basket lid. We could see the ice forming around the rim already. The pump has been off since this time.

I checked today and can see ice formed in the clear lid skimmer basket. Is it safe to pour hot water over this in hopes of melting the ice in hopes of starting the pump again? Or should I wait until this storm passes and try on the weekend in hopes the ice has melted before trying to start the pump?

thanks,

In this guide we’ve included a few tips to help you out. There’s no need to rush things as there’s a possibility you may have ice in places you can’t see. Let everything thaw naturally, your pools gonna be just fine. 👍

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.