Resin upright popped off bottom rail

leanner977

May 1, 2019
Hobart, IN
We just had our 21' round pool installed last summer. It is one of the new resin pools with all plastic parts. As I'm out there draining the swamp on top of the winter cover, I discovered that one of the uprights seems to have popped off the bottom rail and is now resting about 4 inches away from the bottom (still attached at the top obviously). It was fine a few weeks ago but we've gotten a ton of rain in the past few days so I have to wonder if it's somehow related to the extra pressure on the cover as well as a little "wash out" of the backfill that we never got properly finished last year.

It's a few weeks before we'll be opening it but does anyone know how big of a problem will this be to fix...and is it a big issue to leave it that way for a few more weeks?

Sorry for being a pool newb...

Some pics would help us understand your situation.

I meant to attach one earlier and simply forgot. This is the best picture I could get, this was after I had dug out some of the mud around it. The light beige at the bottom of the wall is the rim that runs around the perimeter...and you can clearly see the upright isn't anywhere near it.

Attachments

• IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0896.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 30
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.