Request: Add 20% muriatic acid to poolmath app

TonyJr

Mar 28, 2016
Essex, UK
Hello,

Could I please request that 20% Muriatic Acid be added to the Pool Math app and/or website, as this is all I can source in the UK. Photo of the product is attached.

Thanks

Tony
d61517cc8710e6369f6a1573be52939d.jpg
e0502f47c286a429dff48720b0b16606.jpg

I'm confused over that product. Why label it as "TA Reducer"? It affects pH more than TA, although it does reduce TA....

I also wonder if it is 20% (as labeled) or is it 20 Baumé which is a common measurement for acid. 20 Baumé equates to the 31.45% we have in the app....

I'm confused over that product. Why label it as "TA Reducer"? It affects pH more than TA, although it does reduce TA....

I also wonder if it is 20% (as labeled) or is it 20 Baumé which is a common measurement for acid. 20 Baumé equates to the 31.45% we have in the app....

This confused me a little too - it must be a part of their marketing technique on this one.

I have been making calculations for using it based on it being 20% as labelled and the next set of test results an hour after adding to the pool from my K2006C are exactly as predicted by the calculator. The results would be noticeably different if it was 20 Baumé wouldn’t they?

Thank you

Tony

20% would be about 13 Baumé. A difference, yes, but not what I would call huge.

To be honest, I've never measured acid when adding it to the pool. I eyeball it as I'm adding. Generally with pH close is good.

If you look, almost all TFPC recommendations show a range for different parameters. We find that folks spend too much time chasing a "perfect" number rather than enjoying the pool.

Are you fixing your pH or TA?

20% would be about 13 Baumé. A difference, yes, but not what I would call huge.

To be honest, I've never measured acid when adding it to the pool. I eyeball it as I'm adding. Generally with pH close is good.

If you look, almost all TFPC recommendations show a range for different parameters. We find that folks spend too much time chasing a "perfect" number rather than enjoying the pool.

Are you fixing your pH or TA?

I am fixing TA over time - it is currently 175, was 250, and I am trying to get it near to the range recommended by poolmath as the pH keeps jumping up. I have noticed a lot of people on here trying to get the figures ‘bang on’ but as you say, there is no point.

I measure the MA out in the pyrex jug we use to make gravy as I have marked on it how much I need when pH reaches 7.6, to get it to drop to 7.2 (so we can still swim in the pool). It works and I do wash the jug out a few times after use, maybe a bit less if the in-laws are due over.

I wonder if anybody else uses the same concentration/brand of MA that I use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.