Reputable repair person (or competent DIYer) needed

Jun 21, 2018
Danville, CA
I have a couple of relatively simple issues going on and although I think I could muddle through it, it would probably be done better and quicker if someone who knew more about things than me did it. However, I don’t know where to get such a person.

I am in the San Francisco East Bay (Danville) and I need these two things.

(1) one of my valve actuators stopped working. When I opened it, it was full of rusty water inside. After I removed it and dumped out the water, it started working again, but I think it is probably just best to replace it.
(2) my PB put in a Fusion system. After the cartridge needed to be replaced, I decided I didn’t want that there, so it been empty for years. But now it has started to leak, so I just want to take it off the line and just need to connect the pipes on each side.

Does anyone know someone who could competently do these things? Or what would be the best approach to find someone? Yelp?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Please let me know if I need to post it elsewhere.

Thanks for your help.

Actuators are easy to replace.

You can install a Jandy AquaPure cell and SWG in the place of the Fusion easily with the unions or use a blank Spoolpiece.

There's a Leslie's in Danville which performs repair work. I had them replace a booster pump for me and it worked out fine.

Try to talk to the manager, Dave, who seems knowledgeable about such things, rather than one of the assistants.

Reactions: broncosrul