Repulsive Or Just Plain RUDE???

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
My hubby's friend comes over and washes his face in my pool every single time and quite frankly, it pisses me off!

The last time he had his baby with him and wanted to put him in right after a SUPER SHOCKING and I yelled NO because I just added a good bit of chlorine and then he washed his head and face in my pool after putting the boy down.

Does anyone find this as discusting as I do? Or am I being a little anal. I mean if he wanted to swim it'd all be the same but he doesn't swim in it, just bathes off the gunge...

<shivers>

crabboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Well, I'm on the fence. I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't think it would bother me. If the guy is ending an 8 hour day after landscaping that would be a different story.

OP
OP
Casey

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
He is washing his sweaty grimey head and face off over top of my pool every time he comes over. :shock:
That just seems YUCK to me.

The Mermaid Queen

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
Northern KY
kinda yuck, but is it any worse that sitting on the deck and dangling your stinky feet in?? I don't think so...

Still, it is odd. At least you expect to see people with their feet in the water!!

Butterfly

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2007
South Carolina
MaMaG, Nice pool and deck! :) Sounds like DH's friend is maybe just really hot? It would not bother me, but I grew up w/2 brothers, have kids and grands. A head-dipping-rubbing-splashing thingie would be amoung the least of my worries.....as long as he didn't take a bar of soap with him! After all, I got BBB! Take care and enjoy your new pool!

Joyce

Gimpy

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Spring Hill, Florida
Its interesting that his face is so dirty that he feels the need to wash it in your pool, but he doesn't bother to wash his dirty face before he leaves home to go visiting.

I don't think his mama raised him right.

Poolsean

TFP Expert
Apr 15, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
I wouldn't worry about your husbands friend. We let our dogs in the pool and what do you think they're doing all day long? :shock:

But, a little bit if stuff called Party Pool, before he comes over. It's a dye that you can get in blue, orange, green, and a few other colors. He'll come out looking like a smurf!
Maybe bump him in fully clothed next time he stoops over to wash off?

OP
OP
Casey

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Thanks guys!

I dunno. Maybe I just have it out for him because it wouldn't bother me if it were my dad, hubby, brother or son. Maybe because they're related.

Oh well. Thanks again! :lol:

NWMNMom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2007
Waaay NW MN
I would say something if it bothered me - its your pool, you maintain it. "hey man, get a bathtub" or something like that. People KNOW I'm anal about my pool....

Poolsean

TFP Expert
Apr 15, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
pooladdict,

It is non toxic. There's a dosage that you're suppose to follow. A coworker added a bit too much, right before Halloween and his kids went swimming, not realizing that the pool was a little MORE blue than normal. They literally came out about the tint of blue snurfs! It took about 4-5 days to scrub them clean again.
I wish they would have taken photos!

Buggsw

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2007
Arizona
pooladdict said:
Hey Sean:

Is that pool party stuff toxic? will it stick to your skin? I think a neighbor uses it to make his water look greenish.

How long will it stay in the water?
LOL! Greenish? You sure that isn't algae or copper? :) I think green would be the last color I'd choose in those party tints.

pooladdict

TFP Guide
In The Industry
May 14, 2007
New Brunswick Canada
I am not sure what it is, but we all know we wouldnt swim in a green pool. He went away for a week, it turned the color of dark grass, we all were giggling, thinking now he is in for it, but within one day he had it back to his aqua color. I was positive it was an Algae Bloom. Not so sure now.

matt4x4

Apr 2, 2007
MamaG - Next time he's over, just casually say to him after he washes:
"Would you please STOP doing that, the last time you did it I had a **** of a time getting rid of the Algae bloom that formed."

Really though, he's probably doing that to refresh himself, I can see some people just doing that, but I'd push him in.....

jj

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
My husband dunks his head under and burbbles up. It seems to be something men do. I'm not sure why. It's like it clears their head:) I too duck under, come up and wipe the water off my face. It's very refreshing. I do know what you are talking about though, but I wouldn't have until I was taking care of a pool.