Wichita
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
How would you all suggest I replumb this. I know enough to know this is a poopy layout. And, I think, I have an idea. But, wondering the thoughts of the many…

My plan is to bring the line from the sand filter up a few inches and run it to the inlet of the HP. A few inches prior to the inlet I’ll plumb a 3-way jandy never lube that runs upward and than 90° back toward the fence.

The outlet from the HP will come out and 90° up and have a jandy check-valve before 90° back to the right in the photo.

After the check valve, but before the 90° to the right on the outlet line I’ll have the jandy 3-way tie in to complete my bypass circuit.

From there the SWCG will be in the newly plumbed, elevated, return line and than 90° back down toward concrete and catch the return lines.

Let me know your thoughts/critiques. Sorry if I’m not doing a great job explaining my idea!

Attachments

• IMG_6016.jpeg
    IMG_6016.jpeg
    547.5 KB · Views: 36
What are you trying to accomplish?

I don’t see your layout being bad.

You really have to get some PVC and dry fit a design and see how it works with your fixed constraints.

Your plan appears doable. Will you have the SWCG horizontal or vertical?
Also, are the 2 return lines independently plumbed back to the pool? Is there any reason you should add 2-way valve to each line for control?

Your plan appears doable. Will you have the SWCG horizontal or vertical?
Also, are the 2 return lines independently plumbed back to the pool? Is there any reason you should add 2-way valve to each line for control?
The SWCG will be horizontal

The 2” line (on the right in pic) is my return. The 1.5” line (on left) was plumbed for pressure cleaner if I ever want to use it. For now, it’s a separate return. I’ll stick a valve in there if/when we ever decide to use it.

Reactions: HermanTX
Any reason I should consider installing a flow vis in this setup? My Intelliflo3 gives me GPM already which I’m thinking is “good enough”. But, only want to do this once, so thought I’d ask.

Any reason I should consider installing a flow vis in this setup? My Intelliflo3 gives me GPM already which I’m thinking is “good enough”. But, only want to do this once, so thought I’d ask.
Depends how much of a data nerd you are.

A man with two watches never knows what time it is.

Reactions: Everett_88
Huge improvement by being able to bypass HP. 20GPM setting on the intelliflo3 used to require 35% speed and use 210 watts. With it bypassed it is now 18% speed and 95 watts.

Attachments

• IMG_6103.png
    IMG_6103.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6056.png
    IMG_6056.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Flying Tivo